REMOVABLE AND FIXED RETAINERS ARE USED TO MAINTAIN AND HOLD TEETH IN THEIR NEW POSITIONS AFTER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT, INVISALIGN OR MINOR TOOTH MOVEMENT
E Z Bond Retainer #2212
A Lingual wire placed in a transfer tray to make it easier to bond in place. The tray allows for uniform bonding to each tooth, and excess material flows out of special holes on the lingual of the tray for easy clean up.
3 x 3 Lingual Bonded Retainer #2165
Bonding pads are added to this wire on the cuspids to make it easier to bond and improve the bonding strength. The wire is contoured to touch each individual tooth to hold them in place.
3 x 3 With Pads on Each Tooth #2230
For superior strength and control, this retainer has bonding pads on each individual tooth to lock them together. The pads offer more surface area to bond to in order to improve the strength of the bond.
Tips for the Best Fitting Retainers
- All retainers whether fixed or removable can be made on the Upper and/or Lower Arch
- All Acrylic Removable Retainers can be made with different Acrylic Colors and Designs – Call us for a free Color Chart or you can click here to download one.
- All Removable Retainers can be made to fit over Fixed Lingual Bonded Retainers for extra protection and holding capabilities.
- You can send you models, PVS impressions or Digital Scans with brackets and bands still in place. We will remove them before we fabricate your retainers.
- In order to prevent relapse, do not remove the bands and brackets until you have a retainer to place at the same time. If you take everything off and then take your impressions for retainers, the arches may relapse causing the retainers not to fit.
- The best procedure for taking an impression with the bands and brackets still on:
- Remove the arch wire
- Take the impression
- Put the same arch wire back on so nothing changes while the retainer is being fabricated
- Send us models, PVS impressions or digital scans with the bands and brackets still in place.
- We will remove the bands and brackets from the models before we fabricate any retainers.
- Once you receive the retainers back from us, remove the bands and brackets and place the retainers at the same time.